Monday, 3 January 2011

The Joshua Tree Illustrated

1. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for
3. With or Without You
4. Bullet the Blue Sky
5. Running to Stand Still
6. Red Hill Mining Town
7. In God's Country
8. Trip through Your Wires
9. One Tree Hill
10. Exit
11. Mothers of the Disappeared

I kick off the new year of the art blog with yet another illustrated U2 album, 'The Joshua Tree' from 1987. I did the whole pictorial in a space of just two days in a mad creative rush! Such an effect U2's music has on me. It's always fun to restrict the color palette you work with, and though it might sound odd, it can give you more creative freedom. For the illustration of 'Bullet the Blue Sky' I recycled a drawing I used in 'Rattle & Hum illustrated' back in June last year. I had several ideas for a new take on it, but in the end decided I didn't want to diminish my original intepretation of it.

1 comment:

Jellyfish Opera said...

A magnificent way to start out the New Year, I'm wishful you had a good one.

Speaking volumes upon volumes with textures that can create who images. Haha for a creative rush you managed to bring up a lot of emotions. I don't know anyone's work that I currently overlook captures the soul as well and as beautifully as your's does.


Are you sure you don't steal souls and hearts as a day job?