Monday, 15 November 2010

Work in Progress

Most of graphic novels at my Graphic Voices blog have been rather improvised, with not much of advance plans to speak of; I have made them up as I go. Having one big graphic novel project still under works, me and my brother came up with another possible story. It seems I can't concentrate just on one thing at a time, as I have several picture stories for this blog in the making as well!

For this new graphic novel project though, I thought a different kind of approach, which means lots of sketches, character studies, and quite possibly even a script of some sort! I drew this set of sketches of the main characters of the story over the weekend. The freckle-faced girl goes by the name Mai at the moment, while the black-haired girl is called Sakura. The latter is also a bit of a troublemaker, hence the missing tooth. The genre is supposed to be a take on a Japanese horror, but I see my sketches have lots of smiling faces! Hmmm...

3 comments:

Jellyfish Opera said...

Haha these are Awesome, especially with the girl with a missing tooth. I miss reading your other graphic novel, Ihaven't seen an update on it for some time, but I'm keeping watch with fingers crossed.

Shunichiro said...

Thanks! As for 'Graphic Voices', I have deliberately withheld updates for it for a while since I wanted 'Electric Dreams' to get longer exposure, as it was such a big work. The next update at GV will be 269 chapter 5, which is only a couple of panels from finished, and will be up soon enough.

And my big graphic novel project, a ghost story, is still in the works and is getting bigger and bigger. I planned to publish it at GV as chapters with each ending with a cliffhanger, but maybe it will be a separate blog instead, like 'Soccer & Noodles' is.

Oh, and then there's another mammoth work in the making, which I already started in May, a postapocalyptic thing, not unlike Mad Max... but with prettier mugs ;) Not to mention a few picture stories for this blog, among others follow-ups to 'The Play' and 'As Night Goes By'. Ah well, so much to do!

Jellyfish Opera said...

Amazing, so many projects to look forward too. Well there's no doubt that you can get it done, either way I can't wait to see the final projects in all their glory....and of course some sneak peeks here and there.