Friday, 6 August 2010

Love the feeling of the rain today


Just experimenting with different colors Deleter Neopiko-series 2 skin tones package has to offer. This time I chose 'maize' for skin foundation and 'pink beige' for shadowing. Neopikos don't produce as even and bright surfaces as Letraset Promarkers but you can get some lively skin texture with them. I don't like how Neopikos smudge the brush pen I use for the line work though. Speaking of brush pens, I usually like to use half-dryed ones for drawing in facial features to get delicate lines. For outlining, I pick up one in a better shape.

1 comment:

Jellyfish Opera said...

Haha odd, it's been raining ALL bloody day today, but this is a nice contrast to that.

I think the thing I like most about this and I see this often with your work is that you can tell what something is when you see it. It would be easy for someone who isn't fimilar with your work or quick to look and judge to see this and think "it's not raining it's snowing" but because of the soft strokes and focus you put on how it's drawn you can tell it's rain or someone's clothing. That is really great attention to detail.

Hmmm I wish her outfit was a tad darker though like some of your other works so it goes against the seat she's sitting in. All in all though your work once again stands out against the masses and amazes me.

I personally haven't had a chance to put some of my new work up haha, I got from Venice and Aussi a week ago and had an Art Exhibiton so I'm still trying to put my brain back into blog mode.

Plus waiting for Halo: Reach...