Thursday, 17 June 2010

(Fallen) Angel

The concrete closes on me
I curl up
Try to the soften the fall
But it hits hard


I pull myself up
Few staggering steps
My broken wings weigh me down
I crawl on my hands and on my knees


I stumble across a piece of glass
Cut off my feathers
The blood wreathes art on my dirty skin
Pouring at my feet


I steal clothes from a window display
Dress up like a whore
I guess it wasn't a fashion
but a fetish show


A man whistles
Wants to buy me
I glare back
My soulless eyes driving him away


I walk on
The streets crowded
I'm beautiful
They are grey
 

Lyrics © J. & P. Piira

These pictures were originally intended as a part of another illustrated album, but I felt that despite of some inspirational lyrics, the album wasn't strong enough so I scrapped the idea. However, the drawings turned out too well to go amiss so I came up with another theme to put them under. As they stand now, they are 'stills' from a fictional music video for a fictional song by a fictional artist, complete with lyrics written by me and my brother. Look at the pictures, read the lyrics and 'listen' to the song with your mind's ears...

2 comments:

Jellyfish Opera said...

Great update, also, I love the update you gave to your blog! Time for a remake huh?

GwenL said...

Thank you. I am surprised that you knew me so well! My wings were broken long ago.