Thursday, 27 May 2010

A Chance for Love #4 - Apart

When I began working on 'A Chance for Love', I thought it unfolds on its own, fast and easy. Then came a series of other updates which I felt needed to be done before I return to 'Chance' and the series was put on a hold for a while. But during that time I hit a deadlock with it; how on earth shall I continue it without resorting to age-old clich├ęs? Will it have a happy ending or are we left with two lonely souls? While this fourth part was more or less obvious, with two would-be lovers separated, both in their own kind of solitude, the continuation of the story would turn out to be tricky. Then I came up with an idea. 'A Chance for Love' is like a short film, out of some episode movie, so I can end it in the chapter five which is already laid out storywise. And if I do that, it won't be of any lesser importance than the longer running series I have published here. Will the story have a happy ending or not, you shall see...

6 comments:

Jellyfish Opera said...

.....

I NEED MORE NOW..

As in you better be working on it right now. Hell I'd be happy just trying to figure out the story by looking at your outstanding art. Surely this something beautiful that I can't wait to see unfold.

Shunichiro said...

:) Actually, just today I finished the next (and the last) chapter of 'A Chance for Love'! But dunno if it will be the next update here because I'm rather eager to show another series first - something I have been working on since the last December - before I show how this love story unfolds. But we shall see... ;)

L e D. said...

I love the expressions of your draws, its like a good photography.

Xx
http://the-way-it-works.blogspot.com/

Jellyfish Opera said...

Damn it's going to be like waiting to find out what the hell is going out in LOST (Then again I've never actually watched a full episode of LOST, but my friend acts like it's the holy grail...can't blame him that's how I act with Mass Effect).

But don't leave me hangin, I can't wait to see what you have in store.

Shunichiro said...

I watched like the first three episodes of LOST and it was enough. I have been happily lost what comes to LOST :) But what comes to 'A Chance for Love', I noticed there was over two months gap between chapters three and four so I think it's only fair to have the last chapters back to back. So keep your eyes open on Sunday as the final chapter will hit the blog then! Have a wild guess; will the Japanese girl and the European white-collar worker get each other or will they be... LOST! (pun intended ;)

Jellyfish Opera said...

Well, I'll be looking forward to it.