Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Kasumi Goto fan art

Encounter of the mysterious kind

The light of Illium
En route to Hock mansion with commander Shepard
Ominous intentions
O-mega happy
If look could freeze
Cloaking off to strike
Pensive in front of the video screen
A softer side
The light of Illium #2
One of the best games ever, Mass Effect 2 for Xbox 360 and PC, got recently a new downloadable content adding a new fascinating character to the roster. A Japanese master thief Kasumi Goto is shrouded in mystery and is way cool all around. I'll be damned if the character designers/artists didn't give at least some of Tao Okamoto's features to her as the resemblance, especially lips and nose, is sometimes too uncanny to be just a coincidence. So Tao was a natural choice of model for my fan art of the character. I'm sorry though for giving this Tao-lookalike sizeable breasts as I think Tao is just fine the way she is but it was only for the sake of the character who packs quite a rack. I already posted most of these pictures to GameFAQS forums but here I present the full series with exclusive drawings to this blog.

2 comments:

Jellyfish Opera said...

Your style is perfection! It reminds me of the concept art for Blade Runner, but more importantly you really brought out the cheer and wonder of Goto. I personally LOVED the DLC and Mass Effect 2 (huge fan), and would say that she had the second best recruitment mission out of the game (Legion was more my style...hundreds of Husk, dead gods, giant machine of death...what more could I ask for?).

Great work, I look forward to seeing more!

Shunichiro said...

Thanks! In terms of movies, Blade Runner is one of my two biggest influences (movies by Wong-Kar Wai being the other). What is a running motive through my drawings is that I like to think they are concept art for unseen movies, my own movies. And indeed, ME2 is fantastic. Second playthrough is almost finished, soaking up the art design and atmosphere by every step :)