Sunday, 3 January 2010

All Along the Watchtower


"There must be some way out of here", said the joker to the thief.
"There's too much confusion here, I can't get no relief.
Businessmen they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth.
None of them know along the line what any of this is worth."

"No reason to get excited", the thief, he kindly spoke.
"There are many among us who think that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been thru that, and that is not our fate.
So let us not talk falsely now, because the hour is getting late."

All along the watchtower and princes kept the view,
while horsemen came and went, barefoot servants, too.

All I got is a red guitar, three chords and the truth.
All I got is a red guitar, rest is up to you!

"There's no reason to get excited", the thief, he kindly spoke.
"There are so many here who say life is just a joke.
You and I, we've been thru that, and that is not our fate, at least today.
So let us not talk falsely now, because the hour is getting late, laate!" Yeaaaa...!

All Along the Watchtower by Bod Dylan
lyrics formatted after performance by U2 in album Rattle & Hum

5 comments:

b for bhisan said...

kudos.

nice.


and happy new year

DD said...

happy new year!!

Shunichiro said...

Happy New Year to all of you too!

Pop Culture said...

I adore your drawings, they are just so beautiful. I've made a blog post about them :)

style, substance & sutton said...

bravo - love the use of dylan (my fave!)

Your art is amazing - such great movement and tone!

I would love to share your work on my site - take a look... and I am craving a new image for my banner/header and would love to have you create something ... this is totally my style! great exposure for you and your blogsite!!

take a peek.
stylesubstanceandsutton.blogspot.com