Monday, 14 December 2009

Raiders of the Nose Arch

 
 
I want you to focus on model Tao Okamoto's nose in these drawings. In September issue of i-D magazine it was described as a 'button nose'. "She's Japanese so she has a button nose, like all Japanese girls!", they must have thought. Right... In fact her nose profile is amazing, it archs beautifully through the bump in the bridge. See? All three drawings are part of a bigger, still unfinished storyline, which I will feature in the future in parts (so these are not portraits as such, here Tao is more like an actress in a role). I just wanted to give you a sample in good time and I had a good excuse. Did I mention her nose? I did? Oh well. Some might notice inspiration for the backdrops which can give some idea of the frame and the timeline the pictures take part in.

2 comments:

b for bhisan said...

nice. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks a lot like her!!